With the continuous development of the laser industry. More and more fiber laser equipment appears in people’s life and work. Maintain a leading market share and serve the global industry. Any equipment has a certain loss rate, so does the fiber laser cutting machine. If you don’t do maintenance in daily use, even if you buy a good machine, its service life will be greatly reduced as the price rises. The correct maintenance method of fiber laser cutting machine is the key factor to maintain its good performance and prolong its service life.
The following FORSUN summarizes the daily maintenance guidelines for fiber laser machines, this guide will reference the benefits of preventative maintenance, where to clean on a fiber laser, resources to utilize for maintenance.
The machine tool must be strictly grounded.
It is strictly forbidden to switch on during thunder and lightning weather.
It is strictly forbidden to block the cooling water pipe.
Detailed precautions for fiber laser cutting machine
- It is strictly forbidden to turn on the machine without grounding. The grounding of all parts of the machine must be completely reliable to prevent static electricity from hurting people.
- After each startup, you must check whether the submersible pump is out of water. If there is no water, it is strictly prohibited to start work.
- Ensure that the circulating water has a moderate water temperature, and the water quality is dry and free of debris (purified water is recommended). Regularly replace the circulating water (15-30 days).
- Protect the lens and maintain: blow off the float on the surface of the component, and clean the lens with anhydrous industrial alcohol and acetone.
- The power of the dedicated voltage stabilizer equipped with the laser cutting machine is twice the power of the laser.
- It is strictly forbidden to place flammable and explosive materials near the laser machine equipment to prevent fire or injury.
- During the working process of the machine, the operator is forbidden to leave without authorization to avoid unnecessary losses.
- Non-professionals are strictly prohibited to disassemble the machine without authorization to avoid accidents.
- Untrained personnel is prohibited from using laser cutting machines.
- During the working process of the machine, the operator must observe the working conditions of the machine at any time (such as impervious cutting, slagging, burrs, the abnormal sound of the machine, water temperature of the circulating water, etc.).
- The environment where the machine is located is free of pollution, strong electricity, strong magnetism, and other interference and influence.
- If the machine breaks down or a fire occurs, please cut off the power immediately.
Tips: The user must strictly abide by the above items to avoid personal injury or damage to the machine.
Fiber laser cutting machine maintenance requirements
Daily maintenance requirements
- Lasers and laser cutting machines should keep their appearance clean and clean frequently.
- Check whether the x, y, and z axes of the machine tool can return to the origin. If there is any problem, whether the origin switch hits the position of the offset.
- Laser cutting machine chip removal drag chain cleaning.
- Clean up the debris on the filter screen of the exhaust vent in time to ensure that the ventilation pipe is unblocked.
- Replace the protective lens, re-calibrate the laser red light center point, and ensure that the laser light is at the center of the copper nozzle (coaxial).
- The focal length adjustment principle is carbon steel positive focal length, stainless steel, copper, aluminum negative focal length principle.
- The cutting head replaces the ceramic body and performs the calibration procedure once, and the thin plate and the thick plate must be re-calibrated.
- Clean the focusing lens. And check whether it is damaged.
- Check the temperature of the cooling water, the temperature of the laser water inlet is 22℃ s 25℃.
- Whether each connection part of the oil-free air compressor is loose, and the air pressure in the air storage tank is still, open the drain valve at the lower part of the air storage tank to release the dirt in the tank. The pointer of the pressure gauge moves smoothly. When the pointer of the pressure gauge is zero, the pointer should also point to “0”. Calibrate the pressure switch, but when the exhaust pressure reaches the rated working pressure, the pressure switch should automatically cut off the control loop of the magnetic starter and stop the air compressor. When the exhaust pressure is close to times the rated working pressure, gently pull up the safety valve ejector rod, and the safety valve should produce a discharge action. Each shift should inspect at least twice to check whether there is any abnormal sound or vibration during the operation of the air compressor. When turning off the air compressor again, pay attention to starting and stopping and not using an emergency stop to prevent the air compressor from reversing and returning oil. When turning off the air compressor, close the air valve.
- Check the freeze dryer and press the start button to see if the indicator light is on. Whether the automatic drainer drains water regularly. In the state of stopped and no compressed air, whether the pointer of the evaporation thermometer is lower than the ambient temperature, about 5-15℃ lower than the ambient temperature is normal. In the state of operation and compressed airflow, whether the pointer of the evaporation thermometer is in the green area.
- Check the working status of the voltage stabilizer frequently: observe whether the temperature rise of the compensation transformer and the voltage regulating transformer is normal, whether there is overheating, discoloration of the coil, etc.; whether the carbon brush contact is good; monitor whether the input and output voltages are normal; whether there is an overload phenomenon Wait. Once an abnormality is found, it should be dealt with immediately. If you can’t handle it, you can contact the manufacturer to solve it in time to avoid damage to the equipment.
- Monitor and check whether the switch of the laser mechanical shutter is normal.
- Switching machine sequence
a) Startup: power supply 380V, water-cooled unit 220V, voltage stabilizer, air compressor, refrigeration dryer, industrial control host, cutting system, laser.
b) Shutdown: Follow the reverse order above.
- Pay attention to the surrounding environment and personal safety when using gas.
Weekly maintenance of cnc fiber laser machine
- Clean the cutting head to protect the lens.
- Check the level of circulating water in the chiller.
- Lubricating oil on the guide screw of the laser cutting machine.
Tips: Do not directly touch the focusing lens, protective lens, QBH laser head, and other optical surfaces to avoid scratches or corrosion on the mirror surface. It is strictly forbidden to clean the surface of the optical lens with water or detergent. The lens surface is coated with a special film. If you use these to clean the lens, it will damage the surface of the lens. Do not place the lens in a dark and humid place, as this will cause the surface of the lens to age. Affect the beam quality.
Monthly maintenance of fiber laser machine
- Clean the protective lens, verify whether the light path is offset, and make necessary adjustments.
- Check the travel switch bracket and the striker bracket to prevent the screws from loosening.
- There should be no foreign matter on the front and rear plates of the bed to avoid scratching with the worktable.
- There should be no sundries in the rail guard of the bed to avoid damage to the rail seat.
- Clean the muffler filter with an oil-free air compressor. If the working environment is dusty, it should be cleaned once a week. If the belt is elongated or worn, the motor can be moved to adjust the tightness of the V-belt or replace the V-belt.
- The freeze-drying machine cleans the automatic drainer, closes the ball valve, and opens the bleed valve so that the pressure in the automatic drainer will be zero.
Three months maintenance of fiber laser cutting machine
- It is recommended to maintain and maintain the voltage stabilizer every three months. Note that the power supply should be disconnected for maintenance work. The main contents are:
a) Remove dust and dirt from various parts of the regulator.
b) Check whether the electrical return contact is damaged, if any, replace or repair it in time.
c) Check whether the column-type voltage-regulating transformer operates flexibly and whether the carbon brushes are in good condition. Replace damaged or worn-out carbon brushes in time. If there are burns or carbon brush powder on the coil contact surface, use No. 0 fine sand skin to smooth it in time. And remove dust.
d) Check whether the chain drive system is working properly, add oil to the sprocket, adjust the tightness of the chain (just a little room for movement in the middle of the chain), check whether the carbon brush holder is tilted or stuck, and if found, adjust it.
- Check whether the chiller is short of water. (The water level cannot be lower than 1/3 of the water tank)
Tips for daily maintenance of fiber laser machine in summer
In summer, as the temperature rises, much mechanical equipment may heat up during use, causing some minor failures. Therefore, in order to avoid failure of the laser cutting machine in summer, we need to pay attention to the maintenance and repair of the laser cutting machine to extend its service life.
Daily maintenance skills of laser cutting equipment:
1. The temperature rises in summer, and the working pressure of the cooling system of the laser cutting machine increases. It is recommended to maintain the pressure of the cooler before the high temperature arrives. Different manufacturers have different equipment pressures. It is recommended to consult the equipment manufacturer’s specific parameters before repairing.
2. Make sure that the laser tube is filled with circulating water before the machine works. The quality and temperature of the circulating water will directly affect the service life of the laser tube. Therefore, it is necessary to periodically replace the circulating water and clean the water tank. This is best done once a week.
3. There will be some mirrors and focal length lenses on the machine. The laser light is reflected and focused by these lenses, and then emitted from the laser hair. The lens is prone to dust or other contaminants, causing laser loss or lens damage. So clean the lenses every day. Notice:
- The lens should be wiped gently, not to damage the surface coating;
- Handle gently when wiping to prevent falling;
- When installing the focusing lens, please keep the concave surface facing down.
4. Due to the high temperature in summer, the deterioration rate of the cooling water will also increase. It is recommended that users of laser cutting machines use distilled water or pure water, and clean the scale regularly, so as not to cause the scale attached to the laser tube to affect the laser power. Different types of laser cutting machines have different methods of cleaning scales, and they need to be operated under the guidance of the manufacturer.
5. Since the dust of the laser cutting machine is mainly metal powder, it is recommended to clean the dust in the electrical cabinet of the laser cutting machine regularly and check the working condition of the cooling fan regularly.
6. In summer, it is very important to prevent laser condensation in a high-temperature and high-humidity environment. When the laser cooling water temperature is set lower than the corresponding dew point temperature, condensation is likely to occur. So how should we prevent laser condensation?
Regular maintenance of the equipment can avoid some problems during the use of the laser cutting machine, increase the service life of some parts and equipment, and increase the efficiency of the equipment. Therefore, in addition to the maintenance of the laser cutting machine in summer, We should also carry out regular daily maintenance on the laser cutting machine.
In the long run, keeping fiber lasers well maintained is beneficial to manufacturers. Preventive maintenance will extend the life of the machine, provide the best cutting performance, and save the manufacturer money. Always remember that when your laser operation encounters any problems, the FORSUN CNC team will be at your service at any time.