With the continuous development of social science and technology, the processing equipment in various industries has been greatly improved. There is a lot of laser equipment in the metal processing industry, such as laser cutting machines, laser welding machines, and so on. Compared with traditional cutting and welding equipment, these devices have great advantages and performance, among which hand-held laser welding machines are the most popular. Many people are very interested in hand-held laser welding machines. FORSUN CNC will introduce to you in detail what a hand-held laser welding machine is.
What is a handheld laser welding machine?
The hand-held fiber laser welding machine is a new generation of laser welding equipment. It belongs to non-contact welding. It does not require pressure during the operation. , which melts the material inside, and then cools and crystallizes to form a weld.
The handheld fiber laser welding machine fills the gap of handheld welding in the laser equipment industry, subverts the working mode of the traditional laser welding machine, and replaces the previous fixed optical path with the handheld type. possible.
Hand-held welding is mainly aimed at laser welding of long-distance and large workpieces. It overcomes the limitation of the travel space of the worktable. The heat-affected area during welding is small, and it will not cause work deformation, blackening, and traces on the back. The welding depth is large, and the welding is Firm and fully melted, it can not only realize thermal conduction welding but also continuous deep penetration welding, spot welding, butt welding, stitch welding, sealing welding, seam welding, etc.
This process subverts the working mode of the traditional laser welding machine. It has the advantages of simple operation, beautiful welding seam, fast welding speed, and no consumables. It can be welded perfectly on thin stainless steel plates, iron plates, galvanized plates, and other metal materials It replaces traditional argon arc welding, stainless steel plate, iron plate, aluminum plate, and other metal materials welding.
Handheld Laser Welding Machine Video
What is the principle of a hand-held laser welding machine?
1. High voltage drives the xenon lamp to emit light, the YGA crystals installed together are illuminated by the laser, resonantly resonate through the total reflection and semi-reflection diaphragm, and then input to the optical fiber through the beam splitter and optical gate, and finally focus the laser to a point
2. The power density on the focal plane can reach 10 5 -1013 w/cm2. The hand-held laser welding machine uses the characteristics of the excellent directionality and high power density of the laser beam to work.
3. The laser beam is concentrated in a small area, and in a very short period of time, a local heat source area with high energy concentration is formed at the welded part, so that the welded object is melted and a firm welding spot and seam are formed.
Laser welding can be realized by the continuous or pulsed laser beam. The principle of laser welding can be divided into heat conduction welding and laser deep penetration welding. When the power density is less than 104~105 W/cm2, it is thermal conduction welding. At this time, the penetration depth is shallow and the welding speed is slow; when the power density is greater than 105~107 W/cm2, the metal surface is concave into “holes” under the action of heat, forming deep penetration welding, with The welding speed is fast and the aspect ratio is large.
Application field of hand-held laser welding machine
Mainly for the fixed position of large and medium-sized sheet metal, cabinet, chassis, aluminum alloy door, and window frame, stainless steel washbasin, and other large workpieces such as inner right angle, outer right angle, plane weld welding, small heat affected area during welding, small deformation, and welding depth Large and solidly welded. Widely used in kitchen and bathroom industry, home appliance industry, advertising industry, mold industry, stainless steel product industry, stainless steel engineering industry, door and window industry, handicraft industry, household products industry, furniture industry, auto parts industry, etc.
Advantages of Handheld Laser Welding Machines
1. Wide welding range: The handheld welding head is equipped with 5m-10M original optical fiber, which overcomes the limitation of the workbench space and can be used for outdoor welding and long-distance welding;
2. Convenient and flexible to use: Hand-held laser welding is equipped with moving pulleys, which are comfortable to hold, and can be adjusted at any time, without the need for fixed-point stations, free and flexible, and suitable for various working environment scenarios.
3. Various welding methods: Welding at any angle can be achieved: stitch welding, butt welding, vertical welding, flat fillet welding, inner fillet welding, outer fillet welding, etc. It can weld workpieces with various complex welds and irregular shapes of large workpieces. Welding at any angle can be achieved. In addition, he can also complete the cutting, welding and cutting can be switched freely, just change the welding copper nozzle to the cutting copper nozzle, which is very convenient.
4. Good welding effect: hand-held laser welding is hot-melt welding. Compared with traditional welding, laser welding has a higher energy density and can achieve a better welding effect. , The welding depth is large, the melting is sufficient, it is firm and reliable, and the strength of the weld reaches or even exceeds the base metal itself, which cannot be guaranteed by ordinary welding machines.
5. Welds do not need grinding: After traditional welding, the welding points need to be ground to ensure smoothness and no roughness. Hand-held laser welding just reflects more advantages in the processing effect: continuous welding, smooth without fish scales, beautiful without scars, and fewer subsequent grinding processes.
6. No consumables for welding: The welding operation in most people’s impressions are “left-hand goggles, right-hand clip welding wire”. However, with the hand-held laser welding machine, the welding can be easily completed, which reduces the material cost in production and processing.
7. With multiple safety alarms, the welding tip is only effective when the switch is touched when it touches the metal, the light is automatically locked after the workpiece is removed, and the touch switch has a body temperature sensor. High safety, ensuring the safety of operators during work.
8. Save labor cost: Compared with arc welding, the processing cost can be reduced by about 30%. The operation is simple and easy to learn and quick to learn, and the technical threshold of the operator is not high. Ordinary workers can be employed after a short training, and can easily achieve high-quality welding results.
Disadvantages of laser welding
- Laser welding produces welds with low width and depth, which can lead to thermal cracking.
- Rapid cooling can locally harden the hardened steel.
- Equipment investment costs are relatively high.
- Laser welding is not suitable for welding thick metals.
- Laser welding machines consume high energy power.
- Laser welding machines have associated health hazards that need to be considered and eliminated.
Fiber optic welding machine vs laser welding machine
Many people ask what is the difference between a fiber optic welding machine and a laser welding machine. Now there are fiber laser welding machines and fiber transmission laser welding machines on the market. Is it the same device? What is the difference between the two? What do they have in common?
The common points of fiber laser welding machine and laser welding machine
- All belong to the soft optical path, which can be the single-fiber head or multi-fiber headlight.
- Both can realize long-distance welding.
- The energy distribution of the solder joint is uniform, and it has the best point required by the welding characteristics.
- Adapt to various complex welds, spot welding, straight seam welding, circumferential welding, and welding of any track of various devices
- It is easy to realize automation and can be organically combined with the manipulator, making welding more flexible and convenient.
The difference between the two
A fiber laser welding machine means that the laser is pure fiber. The welding speed of the fiber laser welding machine is 20 times that of the fiber transmission welding machine, and there are no consumables. The power consumption is only 1/10 of the fiber transmission laser welding machine.
Pure fiber laser welding machines can be pulse spot welding or laser continuous welding, which can be adjusted according to different welding requirements of products. Therefore, the power of the pure fiber laser welding machine can be very large, generally in kilowatts, generally around 3000W. Therefore, the price of a pure fiber laser welding machine is high, generally more than 1 million.
The laser of the fiber transmission laser welding machine is YAG, that is, the hard optical path, but the hard optical path is changed into a soft optical path through an optical fiber. That is to say, the fiber transmission laser welding machine is essentially a YAG laser welding machine. , but the transmission mode has changed from a hard optical path to a soft optical path. This type of laser welding machine is composed of consumables and consumes a lot of power. Generally, the laser power is not as large as that of pure optical fiber, so the cost performance is high, and the general price ranges from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands.
Both the optical fiber welding machine and the laser welding machine need to be cooled by an industrial chiller to ensure the light output rate and service life of the laser and ensure the welding quality.
Laser Welding Machine Buying Guide
If you’re buying a laser welding machine for the first time, it’s worth knowing some getting started tips. When choosing a laser welding machine, the following aspects can be considered.
1. How to choose the laser type
Your laser welding machine can be equipped with one of two types of lasers: pulsed or continuous. Which one to choose depends on the thickness of the material you are welding.
Pulsed lasers act on thin and light metals, preventing them from deforming or melting. This laser welding machine is mainly used for welding sheet metal, razor blades, gold jewelry chain links, and other materials.
CW lasers are mainly used for welding thick metal workpieces and are particularly effective for refractory metals. If you use this type of laser welding machine on a part that is too thin, it can damage the part.
2. How to choose the power of the laser welding machine
The laser generator is the core of the laser equipment. Generally speaking, the higher the power of the laser welding machine, the deeper the welding depth will be. E.g. If the welding depth is required to be 0.5mm-3mm, then a 1000W laser welding machine can meet the demand. But it should be noted that if it is penetration welding or spot welding, you can choose a 1000W laser welding machine; if it is continuous welding, it is better to use a higher power laser. It is more appropriate to choose a 1500W or 2000W laser welding machine.
If you are not sure which power laser welding machine to use, you can consult online, FORSUN CNC will help you.
3. How to choose the configuration of laser welding
The configuration of laser welding machines involves many aspects, and the configuration of laser welding machines for different purposes is different. For example, mold welding of welding molds, jewelry welding of welding jewelry, optical fiber transmission laser welding machines, etc., the price naturally varies from equipment to equipment. When purchasing a laser welding machine, you should choose a suitable machine according to your own product type, processing technology, and processing requirements.
4. How to choose the best laser welding machine supplier
First of all, it is necessary to judge whether it is a professional laser equipment manufacturer, so as to fully guarantee the quality of the machine. Secondly, the after-sales service of the laser welding machine supplier is also very important. FORSUN CNC provides free technical support and training. During the use of the machine, we are ready to answer your technical questions and help you quickly become an experienced laser welding machine operator.